Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thankful Thursday: Milestones

I was reading The Artful Parent this week, and found this blog, Simple Things. Andrea has started a theme day called Thankful Thursday because, as she says, "To me, it makes no sense that there is only one day a year that is set aside for the express purpose of remembering what you’re thankful for. Why save the thankfulness for Thanksgiving? Why not remind yourself every day what you’re thankful for? It makes life a lot sweeter, you can be sure." Amen to that!

So today I am thankful for milestones. My oldest, Mugger, had his preschool graduation tonight. Yes, I'll admit a preschool graduation is a rather silly thing, but it was an excuse to celebrate with family (and extended family, at that), and to mark his transition to the "big school" as a kindergartener. I tried to get a picture of him sitting on his preschool teacher's lap, but no luck. I did, however, manage to get a good pic of him hugging his best bud from class, which I hope to post on the Kiddos' blog soon. It was a bittersweet milestone, too, since we'll be moving soon, making it all the harder to leave preschool behind.

So what are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! I'm glad you liked my Thankful Thursday idea! :)

    My oldest will be attending kindergarten this fall, too. Where does the time go??

    ReplyDelete