Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Welcome to the Party! (Better Late than Never...)

OK, so the Ultimate Blog Party hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom started last Friday, but I'm just now sitting down to join in the fun. Can you indulge me for a moment to tell you why? Friday I was packing to head out for a weekend women's retreat at Forest Home, which was an awesome experience. Our speaker for the weekend, Jilane Hawkins, had some words of wisdom that I will desperately try to hold onto. As she talked about the difference between being hurried and being busy, I realized it's high time I read John Ortberg's The Life You've Always Wanted for a little help in committing to slowing down and loving my kids!

So that was last weekend-- what happened to Monday you say? A little side trip to Tijuana before coming back to MOPS meant not much time for blogging, much less family, on Monday.

And as for my family, they're wonderful! To put up with having Mama gone for essentially 4 days is just one more thing I love about them. To read a little bit about Other Half and our kids, Mugger and Bug, scroll on down to my "Let Me Introduce Myself" post or just click here. (By the way, I never use my family's real names in my posts to protect their privacy, so if you know them outside the blogging world, please don't either-- thanks!) And if you're curious about the blog title, keep scrolling on down to my very first post or take the shortcut here.

Take a look around if you'd like. I haven't been at this blogging thing very long, so I'm pretty sure you could read my entire blog in nothing flat! I stay busy as a part-time Spanish teacher, MOPS coordinator, wife and Mama, but for some reason I've decided to launch a little home business, too. (Like they say, if you want something done, just ask the busiest person you know...) Anyways, I've started making hairclips for my Bug and have decided to share-- if you'd like to win a pair, pop on over to Ladybug Limited and check out the scrolling photo album. To be eligible to win a pair of hairclips of your choosing, all you have to do is...
  • Comment on this post
  • Tell me which style you'd like to win
  • Leave me a way to get in contact with you (e-mail address or your blogging profile)
I'll accept entries until the end of the Ultimate Blog Party and will draw a winner on Saturday. If I don't hear back from the winner in 3 days, I'll draw another one.

Thanks for stopping by-- and good luck!

And if I'm lucky enough to win over at the Ultimate Blog Party, my top 3 picks (in order) would be:
If those 3 are already gone, I'd love any of the following (listed in order of preference): 7, 59, 60, 129, 140, 117, 67, 45, 123, or 24. Of course, anything I could use as a door prize at my MOPS group would be great!

18 comments:

  1. Welcome to the party! Awesome giveaway! If I could win any of your cute clips I'd love the pink dot ribbon and roses. I'm pregnant with my 2nd child and I'm hoping for a girl so I'd love to win them!

    Be sure to hop on over to my blog and sign up for both my giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I wish I had your Spanish skills, my daughter's Abuela lives in Puerto Rico with the rest of that side of the family and that's what the speak to one another when we visit. Anyways, cute clips! I'm partial to black and hot pink. I'm actually in the process of making my 17 month old a dress from scratch with these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, welcome to the party... I went to a ladies retreat this last weekend also, glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your clips. I've started making my daughter's also it's so much cheaper. By the way I'm a part-time art teacher with a toddler. Make sure you drop by my website to see my work. If I have to choose I'd pick something lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diana, I just got in on the party today, too, and I bet there will be other's joining after us.....so we're not late. :)

    Very cute clips - I like the one with the red heart and the orange one with the yellow button - very creative!

    Have fun with the Blog Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, Me encanta tu blog!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to decide but I think the pink flower on the pink clip is my favorite choice. They're all very cute,
    Theresa N.
    weceno@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so badly want to be bilingual like you! Love your blog and the pink clip! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy party! I recognized your blog name and thought I'd drop by.

    Will have to check out your clips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your clips are really cute. I especially love the pink ones! I think my favorite is "Bow 06". If I win, my email address is mnleft (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the clips! I especially like the pink and green dot on brown ribbon! I'd love to win them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you came to party! I like your blog,and sadly I don't need any of your adorably hairclips (my husband would probably throw a fit if I tried to make my 3 month old son wear them!). Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to the party! I'm still trying to make the rounds - a few a day! I love the daisy clip! I've started making hair clips for my Lil Sugar too!

    If I would happen to win you can leave a comment on my blog and I'll respond with an email address

    I'll be stopping back by later!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable clips! I love the green clips with white stitching on the edges--I think they'd be even prettier in red! With 4 girls, we'd certainly use them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow--so many to choose from. I really like the green ones with pink flower!!

    I personally have two little boys, but have lots of friends with girls that would love them---including a neighbor with a brand new girl born on the 6th!!

    I have giveaway on my party post if you have time to stop by!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, all, no more comments to win the hairclips-- I'll go pick a winner with a random number generator right now and enter it as a separate post...

    ReplyDelete